Nothing like ending 2018 with a sweet note, right? We’re sharing the year’s standout details and counting down crowd favorites (did you see our top 10 weddings of 2018?) as we wave farewell to another year! Today the cakes take center stage and we’ve seen some killer trends that are sure to skyrocket into 2019. Black wedding cakes, anyone?! Sugar flowers were also all the rage, as were unique designs of both the extravagant and strikingly simple varieties.
Let’s dig into the most delicious end-of-year list of all: our favorite wedding cakes from 2018 (in no particular order)!
1. This Buttercream Succulent Crescent Cake
2. This Whimsical Floral + Lace Cake
cake by Jaime Melfi of Autumn Nomad from this Eerie + Enchanting Alice In Wonderland-Inspired Editorial // photo by Cody James Barry Photography
3. This Seafoam Patterned Cake with Flowers
4. This Sweet + Speckled Cake
5. This Architectural Centerpiece
6. This Sky-High Pie Cake
7. This Painted Floral Black Cake
8. This Gold-Rimmed Blue Cake with Sugar Flowers
9. This Structural Matte Black Cake with Sugar Flowers
10. This Painted Cake (with a Display that is Dessert Goals!)
11. This Ombré Cake to Rule all Ombré Cakes
Two things: WOW and YUM! For more cake inspo, take a look at our gallery of all the desserts we’ve featured on GWS. Let us know your favorite in the comments below and come back tomorrow for a look at our favorite wedding dresses of the year!