Thanks so much for your interest in sharing your work and/or wedding day with the GWS readers!
Types of Submissions We Accept
- Real Weddings from all over the world
- Adventure Elopements
- Parties (Bridal Showers, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday Parties + more!)
- Home Tours + Interior features that showcase two styles merged as one
- DIY Projects
- Travel and/or Honeymoon Features
- Food + Cocktail Features (DIY or just an entertaining feature)
- Wedding Fashion Features
- Styled Shoots to share new + fun ideas with our readers (we are looking for a distinct style, unique themes, and great editorial photos)
Please note that we are currently not looking for engagement submissions unless it’s something unique.
All photos must be at least 2200px wide. Images should be delivered as close to 2200px in width as possible; we don’t need images any larger than 2200px wide. We always get asked, yes….both portrait AND landscape photos should have a min-width of 2200 pixels.
Wedding or Styled Shoot
We need 50-250 (but NOT more than 250) photos including:
- detail shots
Proposals, Parties, DIYs, Home + Entertaining features?
We need 20-60 images.
What do we look for in our Real Wedding features?
- Personality + Diversity: We love showcasing weddings of couples of all types with fashion and personality that really shine through in the photos and videos. We want ALL couples to see a bit of themselves in those couples featured on GWS!
- Creativity + Inspiration: We love unique and fabulous wedding details, especially when they include a new twist on an old idea that other couples can use for inspo for their own day!
- Fashion: A fashion-forward couple whose style is evident from their wedding decor to their attire.
- Location: We love showing our readers all of the gorgeous locations + unique venues to say I Do!
- $ – $$$$: We feature low-budget, high-budget, simple paired-back weddings, and elaborate over-the-top weddings. Our readers want to see it all.
- Details: A love for the small personal details – this is what inspires our readers!
- Well Shot: Properly lit and consistently processed photos that are in focus + meet the quality standard of other images on our site.
- Love is All You Need: Most importantly, the couple has to be madly in love!
What do we look for in our Home Tour features?
- • Personality: Design that successfully reflects the individuals + combined style of a couple.
- • Inspired Design: We’re not looking for something generic; we want to see personality!
- • Functionality: Design for the sake of design is fine, but we love a beautiful space that functions and makes life better!
- • Love: We LOVE when a space incorporates an element or two from a couple’s wedding day :)
- • Eclectic: Spaces that incorporate elements found during traveling….it’s always nice to integrate a moment or two that transports you to a fave destination
We share exclusive features on GWS
We are always searching for fresh + unique content to share here on Green Wedding Shoes, so please let us know if you have also submitted this to other blogs. We are looking for exclusive features to publish on Green Wedding Shoes. Once your feature has been accepted for publication on GWS we ask for a 60-day window of exclusivity from your publication date before you submit it to another blog or magazine.
When will I know if my submission is going to be featured?
We truly appreciate you sharing your wedding day/work with us! We work very hard to respond to every submission whether it is accepted or declined. Please note that it may take up to 20 days for us to review your submission due to the large number of daily submissions and our small team. You will receive a confirmation email when you submit the form – ** if you don’t receive a confirmation email, we didn’t receive your submission, so please check your submission + submit it again. If you don’t hear from us within 20 days, please follow up to get the status before submitting elsewhere as we will always send you a yes or no response. Thank you!!
Have a question about a submission? Email us
Sounds Good? Once you have the above info + images ready….