Wedding cakes have come a long way in recent years — transitioning from the traditional white, tiered cakes, to artistic + creative confections. The naked cake trend + geode cakes were definitely a hit last year and have continued to be a favorite in 2016; however, we’re also seeing some new, more modern + sleek designs! From abstract + geometric elements, to marble fondant, and lots of woodland-inspired accents, there was definitely an abundance of delightful desserts.
Let’s take a look at the list — in no particular order — and dig into these gorgeous goodies!
1. This Floral Accented Naked Cake
2. These Individual Cakes Dripping with Caramel + Touches of Gold Leaf
3. This Four-Tier ‘Salt of the Earth’ Cake with Light Pink Accents
4. This Pretty Marble Cake with Pops of Gold
5. This Emerald Geode Cake
6. This Stunning Abstract + Geometric Cake
by Hey There, Cupcake! from this Bright + Modern Wedding Inspiration at the Fig House // photo by Krista Mason Photography
7. This Moody Two-Tier Cake with Sugar Flowers
8. This Modern Cake with Bright Pink Floral Accents
by Whisk & Whittle from this Modern Bohemian Wedding Inspiration in the Almond Orchards // photo by Mary Costa Photography
9. This Forest-Inspired Layered Naked Cake
10. This Black, Gold + Marble Cake
They’re almost too pretty to eat, right?! We did say almost… So did your favorite make the list? What is your most-loved cake trend of the year? Let us know with a little love note below.