At Green Wedding Shoes, we are truly. madly. deeply. head over heels in love with love. We love sharing weddings with our readers and believe that there is no “right” way to throw a wedding. Whether you’re dreaming of an intimate wedding on a farm, a weekend camping adventure or a handmade wedding in a loft, we love them all! I love showing couples how their wedding can be all about them and that it’s ok to break traditions to make the day their own. Since beginning GWS, our mission has been to help couples personalize their wedding day and make it truly about the two of them as a couple, because that is what the day is about, right?! We love great photography – because it’s the one thing you have to remember after the event! And we have lots of great artists to recommend in our GWS Wedding Artist Guide to help create a GWS wedding. Our site started with us sharing amazing weddings and has now grown to also sharing entertaining, lifestyle, DIY and fashion + beauty features – so there is really something for everyone!
A bit more about the couple (in love!) behind the site.
Jen and Jason met at work. Jen was working as an Art Director and Jason was the VP of the company (a fun design company that developed websites and created online campaigns for movies). They quickly realized not only were they a great team at the company, there were becoming best friends and maybe more. Jen left the company for a new role as Creative Director (where she was a lead designer for ESPN and Yahoo! Sports) and their friendship quickly turned to more.
After a few years of dating, and the perfect woodland wedding in Jason’s hometown of Milwaukee, WI, Jen started Green Wedding Shoes to fill a gap she saw in the wedding blog world. Seven years later (and with lots of hard work), we are proud to both call Green Wedding Shoes our full time gig.
Jen’s the Editor + Creative Director. She carefully selects each wedding and feature to share on the site as well as well as expanding the GWS brand into a few product launches.
Jason’s the man behind the site. He runs the ad campaigns, software development and partner relationships. We absolutely love that we get to work with each other everyday on a site that helps inspire so many couples in love. We consider ourselves pretty lucky!
We live in Los Angeles, California and when we aren’t working on the site, love hanging out with our 3 year old daughter Sienna. Traveling, listening to music, checking out the newest LA foodie spot and enjoying the amazing LA weather are our favorite things. We definitely find the Southern California lifestyle inspires our design + interests.
Meet our Team!
Erin McDonald – Editor + Styling
- Current fave color combo? Coral + emerald green
- When not working for GWS you can be found… taking fun road trips, paddle boarding, strolling through the farmer’s market, trying new restaurants, playing with flowers and assisting my photog hubby, greg
- Favorite thing about weddings? Is how they are all so different! i love seeing how couples infuse their personalities into their day and being wowed by a killer backdrop, giant bouquet, or gorgeous wedding photo
- Dream honeymoon spot? An amazing Italian adventure!
Katie Pritchard – Editorial Assistant + Photographer
- Current fave color combo? Dusty blue + copper/brass
- When not working for GWS you can be found… shooting weddings, in the mountains riding with my husband, or eating ALL the desserts.
- Favorite thing about weddings? I love the amazing + creative design couples are doing with weddings, but I also love the symbolism of two people becoming one in marriage.
- Dream honeymoon spot? The bungalows over the water in Bora Bora sound pretty dreamy!