Absolutely mind-boggling, genius innovation, jaw-dropping, awestruck… those are just a few of the words we’re using to describe all the gorgeous designs + décor we saw on GWS in 2017! You probably already know this, but at GWS we’ve got a *thing* for creativity + making things unique – especially when it comes to weddings… and designing big days that truly serve as a reflection of the couple. And we can’t wait to show you the lot! From tablescapes topped with succulents + colorful balloon arch installations, to a wall completely covered in florals; each and every wedding had that something special and we hope this inspires you for the coming year!
Since we LOVE them all, we’re highlighting our faves in no particular order. Enjoy!!
1. This Floral Fall Arch
2. All the Earthy Tones of this Succulent Covered Tablescape
from this Free-Spirited Elopement on the Volcanic Island of Lanzarote // design + florals: Best Day Ever + photo by Marcos Sanchez Photography
3. This Jaw-Dropping Floral Wall Backdrop
from this East Coast Garden Wedding With a Jaw-Dropping Flower Wall // florals: A Garden Party + photo by Pat Furey Photography
4. This Celestial-Inspired Geode Place Setting
from this Celestial-Inspired Desert Wedding With Spanish Details // design: Aly & Jamie of Sitting in a Tree + photo by Trisha of Birds of a Feather
5. This Colorful Balloon Arch Installation
from this Make a Statement: Create a Balloon Installation for Your Next Party! // design: HTNO & Co Events + photo by Trevor Mark
6. This Bougainvillea + Boho Chic Acrylic Seating Chart
from this Bougainvillea + Boho Chic: An Epic Wedding in Palm Springs // design: Shindig Chic + photo by Nicole Leever
7. This Beaded Backdrop that Will Make You Forget All About Macramé
from this Palm Springs Boho Shoot Where Beads are the New Macrame // design: Lynzie Kent for Love by Lynzie Events + Design + photo by Braedon Flynn
8. This Watercolor-Inspired Floral Semi-Circle + Rug Ceremony Space
from this Boho Chic Meets Geode + Watercolor Pastel Wedding Inspiration // design: Forrest and J + florals: The Bloemist + photo by Wisteria Photography
9. This Polaroid-Inspired Wedding with All the Fringe
10. All the Harvest Textures + This Epic Crescent Moon Backdrop
11. This Tissue Paper Backdrop Reminiscent of a Piñata
from this Urban Fiesta-Inspired Wedding at the New Children’s Museum in San Diego // backdrop: Corrie Sullivan Design + photo by Gantes.Co
12. This Glowing Tropical + Textured Hoop Backdrop
from this One Heli of a Time: The Epic Grand Opening at Hangar 21 // design: Candace Jolee Events + photo by Alexandria Monette Photography
13. The Most Amazing Floral Arch We’ve Ever Seen
from this The Most Amazing Floral Arch We’ve Ever Seen — Seriously!!// design + florals: Tularosa Flowers + photo by Paco and Betty
14. This Seriously Cool Combination of Macramé + Tropical
from this Jungalow Desert Elopement Inspiration with a Backdrop You NEED to See // design: Maude Gypsy + photo by Chelsea Maras Photography
14. This Aisle of Made of Rugs that the Bride Collected While Traveling
14. This Dried Palm Leaf + Moss Covered Backdrop
from this Inspiration for a Beautifully Blush Moroccan-Style Wedding // design: Chloe and Mint + photo by Sally Pinera
Alright, so we’re super interested to know which design elements were you favorites?! What kind of things would you like to recreate or use as inspiration for your own wedding/soirée/party? We’d love to hear what you have in mind and what’s inspiring you in the comments below.
Happy 2018, creatives!!