Selecting music for your wedding day is one of the most fun and meaningful parts to your day! And selecting your song to walk down the aisle to? SUCH A FUN ONE! Have you dreamed about walking down the aisle to a certain song or artist? Or maybe you haven’t but it’s time to start imagining what song will play when you walk down the aisle! While Pachelbel’s Canon in D is a super pretty song, lots of couples want to make their day a bit more personal and we are ALL ABOUT THAT! I mean, there is no rule you need to walk down the aisle to a classical song, so why not have some fun with it!
You definitely want to choose a song that best suits your love story. Have you two been picturing a string quartet to serenade you down the aisle? Would a soft, acoustic tune capture your love the best? Are you looking for something more fun and upbeat? So many options!
What is a good song to walk down the aisle to?
We know it can be tough to browse through so many wedding entrance song selections, so we did the work for you. We have been sharing real weddings for over 13 years now and we always ask our bride what song she walked down the aisle so we had lots of songs to collect – as well as I polled you guys on Stories to share what song you (or your love) walked down the aisle to and below are 93 creative options! We have everything from super romantic to dreamy songs to acoustic versions of some of your faves – to some fun + unique ideas you shared!
Another important tip? This song will be a reminder of your wedding day forever, so keep that in mind! I love whenever we randomly hear our song – it’s so special and fun reminder to our wedding day :)
Wedding Songs to Walk Down the Aisle
Ready to hear our picks? Scroll through for some unique, romantic + fun songs to walk down the aisle to. We also have a Spotify playlist at the end as well so you can listen to all the songs to find that perfect song! Put on the playlist, grab a glass of wine, and find that perfect song!
Romantic Songs to Walk Down the Aisle To
- La Vie En Rose – Emily Watts
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Kina Grannis
- She is Love – Parachute
- At Last – Etta James
- Unchained Melody – Lykke Li
- All The Way – Frank Sinatra
- Shallow – Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper
Indie Songs to Walk Down the Aisle To
- Holecene – Bon Iver
- Orbit – SŸDE, Ashe
- Maps – Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs
- There She Go – Garren Sean
- All I Need – Radiohead
- Rivers and Roads – The Head and the Heart
- Stand by Me – Florence + the Machine
- I’m With You – Vance Joy
- The Wedding Song – Matthew Mole
- I Get To Love You – Ruelle
- Awake My Soul – Mumford & Sons
- Love and Some Verses – Iron & Wine
- You are the Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
- Only Love – Ben Howard
- Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
- Better Together – Jack Johnson (perfect song if you choose to walk down the aisle together!)
- Two – Sleeping at Last
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- Give a Little Love – Noah and the Whale
- Love and Affection – Matt White
- Such Great Heights – Iron & Wine
- Only You – Joshua Radin
Acoustic, Electronic + Instrumental Covers to Use
Sometimes a song might have great lyrics or melody but not be quite right for a wedding – there are lots of great options for instrumental or acoustic versions of songs – and better yet, if you have live music, have your band cover a fave song. So many great ideas here…
- A Thousand Years – The Piano Guys (cover)
- I’m Gonna Be (500 miles) – Sleeping at Last (cover)
- Starálfur – Vitamin String Quartet (cover)
- Breathe Me – Sia (have your bridal party enter during the beginning of the song, then you enter at 3:15 for that WOW moment!)
- Outro – M83
- We Found Love – 2CELLOS
- ILYSB-STRIPPED – LANY
- Intro – The XX
- Black Screen – LCD Soundsystem
- Sweet Child O’ Mine – Jae Hall (cover)
- Zuhause – Fynn Kliemann
- Invisible String – Taylor Swift
- Wild Horses – The Sundays
- Pure Imagination – Kathleen (cover)
- Friday I’m In Love (acoustic) – Bailey Rushlow (perfect for a Friday wedding!)
- Home – Vitamin String Quartet (cover)
- Carry You – Novo Amor
- Hoppipolla – Sigur Rós (when you want your entrance to feel like a dream!)
- Hey Ya – Obadiah Parker (cover)
- Breathe Me – Acoustic version – Jonathan Roy (cover)
- Storybook Love – Theme from The Princess Bride – Vitamin String Quartet (cover)
- Rewrite The Stars – The Piano Guys (cover)
- Somewhere Only We Know – Lily Allen (cover)
Rock + Alternative Songs to Walk Down the Aisle To
These songs are perfect for rock and music fans. Retro vibes are in big right now and we have lots of fun options for those looking for a classic rock song – or something a bit more current!
- Going to California – Led Zeppelin
- Only One – Yellowcard
- Sweet Thing – Van Morrison
- Whole Wide World – Biker Daughter
- Turning Page – Sleeping at Last
- Everywhere – Fleetwood Mac
- I’d be Waiting – Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
- In My Life – The Beatles
- Into the Mystic – Van Morrison
- Songbird – Fleetwood Mac
- Thank You – Led Zeppelin
- Reign of Love – Coldplay (this is the hidden song on Lovers in Japan – and the song Jen walked down the aisle to!)
R&B and Soul Songs to Walk Down the Aisle To
- Why I Love You – MAJOR.
- River – Leon Bridges
- XO – Beyoncé
- OTHERSIDE – Beyoncé
- Soulmate – Lizzo
- How Deep is Your Love – Bee Gees
- All Love Everything – Aloe Blacc
- Best Part – Daniel Caesar, H.E.R.
Country Songs to Walk Down the Aisle To
- Landslide – The Chicks
- Oh, What a World – Kacey Musgraves
- Me and You – Kenny Chesney
- I Run to You – Lady A
- The Bones – Maren Morris (make your entrance at :38!)
- If I Ever Saw Heaven – Roan Ash
- Somebody Like You – Keith Urban
- Tennessee Whiskey – Chris Stapleton
- Beautiful Crazy – Luke Combs
- Look at Me Now – Matt Stell
Fun Songs to Walk Down the Aisle To
For the couple just want their wedding to scream FUN these are some of our fave ideas. Don’t be afraid to do something a bit different and unexpected!! Do you have a favorite movie or tv show? Pull a song from that! The bride above surprised her husband and had the whole audience shaking mini tambourines and she DANCED down the aisle with her Dad! We LOVE IT!
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Dog Days are Over – Florence + the Machine — this is the song the bride in the photo above danced down the aisle to!
- I Choose You – Sara Bareilles
- Hold On – Wilson Phillips — this is a fun song for your bridesmaids to walk into also!
- Top Gun theme – do the two of you have a fave movie theme that might be fun to use??
- All I Want Is You – Barry Louis Polisar
- Good Life – OneRepublic
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- White Wedding – Billy Idol
You can listen to all the songs above on our Songs to Walk Down the Aisle Playlist on Spotify!
Still looking for more music for your wedding day? You can find 100 Unique First Dance Songs for Your Wedding, The Top 70 Mother and Son Dance Songs to Play at Your Wedding as well as the The Top 94 Father Daughter Dance Songs to Play at Your Wedding. Happy Listening!