Keeping with our Farm + Foodie Fun week here at GWS, we have a super easy DIY from Smitten on Paper that will bring lots of fun to your wedding or next party! Confetti eggs, or Cascarones, are originally from Mexico where it is believed cracking one open above a person’s head would bring good luck. What better place to wish someone luck then at a wedding?!
1. Once your eggs are rinsed, with sharp scissors, puncture a small hole at one end. This hole will be for blowing out the egg yolk.
2. At the other end of the egg, carefully make a bigger hole; this will be where the yolk exits. Carefully remove the yolk and then rinse the eggs thoroughly.
3. In a small bowl, mix your egg dye. First pour one teaspoon of vinegar.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of hot water into the same bowl.
5. Mix a teaspoon of food coloring of choice.
6. Dip your eggs! The longer they are in the dye, the more saturated the colors will become. Leave them in a shorter time to get a more pastel color.
7. Dry the eggs on a drying rack or paper towel, standing.
8. Once your eggs are fully dry, inside and out, using the paper as a funnel, fill the egg with confetti!
9. Fill your eggs halfway full and then tape the larger hole of the egg using Washi tape.
10. You’re done! The eggs are ready for partying. Enjoy!
For the eggs, we used homemade confetti from scraps of colored card stock. If you have an outdoor wedding, we recommend using biodegradable, eco-friendly paper, or even seed paper, so you can watch your love bloom and your luck prosper!
to your wedding faves