This year we’ve been wowed, awestruck, astounded, had our breath taken away and our hearts have skipped a beat from the incredible design + decor ideas that came about in 2016. Here at GWS, we’re all about creative + unique weddings (and editorials), with design elements that feature aspects of the couple’s relationship… And we saw some pretty darn cool things this year! From a forest-inspired wedding with a ceremony space that was completely splattered with orange paint + a leafy green chandelier hung from the ceiling, to delightful macrame accents and a lot of bohemian-inspired eclectic elements, each + every wedding had a one-of-a-kind feeling.
If you’re in the midst of planning your wedding (or pinning for a later date), we’re pretty positive that our list of the top Decor + Details from 2016 will definitely get your creative juices flowing. For the bride that’s super into DIY-ing everything, or the one that is working closely with a designer, there’s definitely something for everyone. So without further ado, let’s take a look at the our favorite design elements from the past year…
P.S. They’re in no particular order, we LOVE them all!
1. This Orange Paint Splatter Mural on the Ceremony Room Wall
from this Bright Orange Paint Splatter Forest-Inspired Wedding // planning, design: Lynzie Kent of Love by Lynzie Events + Design + florals: Tanya List Design + photo by Sara Monika
2. This Modern + Minimalistic Climbing-Vine Backdrop
3. This Leafy Arch That Gives You a Taste of the Tropics
from this Tropical-Inspired Wedding in the English Countryside // planning, design: Knot & Pop + florals: Jo Flowers + photo by Matt Parry
4. Our Most Pinned Invitation Suite
Looking for some more invitation inspiration? Check out our Paper Goods Gallery for more!
5. This Boho-Inspired Macrame Backdrop
6. This City Skyline-Inspired Backdrop
We’ve got more Ceremony Backdrop ideas here!
7. These Giant Balloon Chains of Love for Their Ceremony
8. This Hanging Ribbon Installment
from this Creative Mountain Wedding in Lake Placid, New York // design: Christine Wheat + Renaissance Floral Design + photo by Dixie Pixel
Check out our Reception Decor Gallery for more ideas!
9. This Punny Escort Card Wall
10. This Dreamy Reception Setting with Hanging Lanterns
11. This Moroccan-Inspired Sweetheart Table
from this Three-Day Moroccan-Inspired Wedding in Joshua Tree // design: Pow Wow Design Studio + photo by Kelsea Holder
12. This Running-Inspired Escort Card Wall
13. This Oversized Cross-stitch Rose Motif Backdrop
from this Modern-Vintage Valentine’s Day Elopement Inspiration // planning + design: Amy Gallegos – For the Love Events + photo by The Livelys
14. This Garden Ceremony with Over 200 Mixed Rustic Farm Chairs
So did your favorite make the list? We’re pretty inspired for the coming year and can’t wait to see what all you creatives out there come up with! Are you in the midst of planning a 2017 (or maybe even 2018) wedding? We’d love to hear what you have in mind and what inspired you in the comments below. Check back tomorrow + Friday for our final two round-ups of the year: Our favorite bouquets + cakes from 2016!!