Our first week back after our crazy fun trip to Europe! It’s been a bit of a challenge to get back on this time zone and catch up with all the emails, but today seems like things are really getting there! Still lots more emails to go through, but hopefully I be all caught up by this weekend. So, if you are waiting on a response, it’s coming and thanks so much for the patience! And for those that asked, we are going to be sharing our travels + trip advice in the upcoming weeks, so stay tuned!
And now for some fun finds from the week:
• A reminder of our trip at this gorgeous wedding in Florence spotted on W. Scott Chester’s blog
• One of my favorite dresses from Bridal Fashion Week, Garland from Monique Lhuillier
• How crazy cool is this ceremony backdrop? The castle is made entirely of cardboard!
• Today is the last day to enter our God Gave Me You contest with Blake Shelton! We will announce the winner on Monday. :)
• Did you hear? Gilt Group goes Bridal! You have till Midnight EST tonight to seal some of the sweet deals!
– – – – – – – – – – – And since it’s Friday, a sweet video! – – – – – – – – – – –
After a decade of dating (which included 5 years of a long-distance/college relationship), Darryl proposed to Courtney a few weeks ago – and she said yes! Back in 2000, he asked her to be his girlfriend on University Avenue in Berkeley, CA. Fast forward (well, since it was a decade…perhaps it was slow motion!) ten years later, and Darryl gave Courtney the surprise of her life back on University Avenue as he asked her to spend the rest of his life with him.
From Courtney, Darryl + I are both very creative people, and the way in which he proposed was very him…very me…very us. While I was away on a business trip, Darryl wrote, edited, shot and directed eight short films that took me on a tour of our “love landmarks” in Berkeley, highlighted milestones in our relationship, and detailed all the amazing journeys our future together promised us. He placed all of the videos on his iPad and had me wear headphones as if I was a tourist and he was the museum guide. Darryl used all of our songs from over the years as the soundtrack to his sweet and romantic script. We ended the tour on the Berkeley campus where one final video declared why he wanted to marry me…which lead to the “live Darryl” asking me to be his wife.
Since we have such a massive network of family and friends, we decided that day he proposed to announce our engagement in a fun and unique way. We immediately started storyboarding this video – using our iPads – since our favorite gadget was so instrumental in Darryl’s proposal. We kept the secret from our beloved family and friends (except our parents, of course!) and sent out our great news three days later:
Congrats to Courtney + Darry – and yay for iPad’s!! :)