There’s nothing quite like following along on a couple’s epic love journey + feeling like you were right there at the start of things! When we featured Kelly + Tyler’s completely adorable proposal on the edge of a cliff on a foggy San Francisco day, I think we all fell in love with these two + Kelly’s endearing giggles as her man swooned her (and all of us) with his sweetness + a beautiful ring! Kelly is a wedding photog herself, so we’re not really too surprised that her own celebration was filled with amazing design + stylish personal touches. Let’s hear how she + Tyler (self-professed lovers of autumn) pulled off a springtime wedding with the most magical fall feel – and even a full Thanksgiving dinner for their guests!
Over the past four years, Tyler and I have had a special place in our hearts for the fall season. We fell in love in the fall, began dating in the fall, got engaged in the fall…something about the changing leaves and the smell of turkey and the cozy mugs and cuddly sweaters…the feelings of the fall season have just always been where our hearts have felt most at home. But since we were obsessed with each other and didn’t want to wait a whole year to get married after getting engaged last September, we had to figure out how to bring the fall to our springtime wedding. So we rented some cabins on a beautiful, private lake in Northern California, dressed in our warmest colors, and had a full Thanksgiving dinner with 100 or so of our closest family and friends. Between the evening lights, the fiddle music, and the pumpkin pie, our wedding was as magically-autumnal as it could have been…with the added bonus of the warm spring weather, which gave us permission to extend the dance party late into the night with no complaints of the cold. It was, without a doubt, the best day of our lives.
Maybe it’s just us, but we’re looking forward to Thanksgiving now more than ever! Thanks Kelly + Tyler for the amazing inspiration and Logan Cole for the dreamy photos of their day!
And love that she arrived for the ceremony by boat!
Our wedding day was honestly a dream, and it would be impossible to select one moment as our favorite – but one of the moments that I remember being the most special was during the ceremony. Our officiant (Tyler’s dad) asked us to take a moment to look out and really see all of our family and friends – looking at every single face, one at a time, really got our hearts in the right posture and filled us with so much love and gratitude. I remember thinking, “These are our favorite people in the world. Some of these people have traveled such a long distance to be here today. These are the people that have helped us to be standing here today.” That was one of our favorite moments, for sure.
Processional: Chariot – Page France covered by BRANCHES (Tyler’s band)
Recessional: Wouldn’t It Be Nice – The Beach Boys covered by BRANCHES
First Dance: When I’m 64 – The Beatles covered by The Show Ponies
We’re pretty sure Kelly + Adam have successfully convinced you that a fall wedding is a lovely idea – even if it’s held in the spring! Get the look of their adorable nuptials + fun reception by shopping their day below:
The tablescapes featured a warm, fall palette and lots of cozy details that we just love!
See even more of this incredible celebration in the film captured by Matter Video:
1. Plan with your fiancé! - A lot of weddings scream “BRIDE!” but the day should reflect both of you as a couple.
2. This is a party. Make sure you remember that as you plan! During the planning process, every time I would get overwhelmed, I would look at the guest list and get so excited. I had to remind myself that its not about the details .. it’s about the people. The details add beauty for sure, but the people are what fills the space with love and laughter and memories.
3. Delegate tasks – we didn’t have a bridal party but we had close friends and family that were FAR better at certain elements of the planning process.
4. Let your budget reflect your values – There is no one way to do a wedding, and there is very, very little that you HAVE to do. Make sure your day reflects you, and that the things you invest in the most are the things that are your top priorities. Don’t spend money on stupid things that you’ll forget about in a month, or that your guests won’t even notice. Cut the fat!
5. Make sure to spend as much time during the week of your wedding with your fiance. I know so many people who spend so much time running errands alone or are busy hosting – being with your man reminds you that you're a team and that you both need each other!
6. Do a First Look! Because Tyler and I decided to see each other before the ceremony (and get a lot of portraits done before hand) we were able to hug and hang out with all our family and friends for a longer period of time :)
photography: Logan Cole // venue name: Leonard Lake Reserve, Mendocino County, California // wedding dress: Sarah Seven // hairpiece: Twigs and Honey // hair stylist: Alana Halvorsen // makeup artist: Alaina Garcia // videography: Matter Video // catering: Bonehead's Texas BBQ // officiant: Tyler's Dad<b> // florals: Chuppah and garland by The Petal Pusher, Bouquet by Natalie Bowen // pies: baked with love by Tyler's cousin, Michelle // rentals: Forever Vintage Rentals // music: Tyler's band BRANCHES, Before The Brave and The Show Ponies