Aniko + David planned their elegant Santa Barbara wedding in just five short months – and it couldn’t have been more beautiful! Total proof that you don’t always need a ton of time to pull together a completely gorgeous day! I love how the classic + timeless elements mix perfectly with fresh + fun details like the whimsical terrariums decorating the reception tables and the bride’s playful yellow shoes. So much pretty to be inspired by!
From Aniko, The most important part of the wedding for David and I was our family. We wanted to make sure our family and guests felt comfortable and pampered. We added in a surprise honoring ritual for both sets of parents during the ceremony that was very special. Most of the family met each other for first time the day before the wedding so the dance party that ensued at the reception was a major family bonding activity!
Big thanks to Emily Blake Photography for sharing these incredible images with us today and congrats to Aniko + David!
How amazing is Aniko’s Oscar de la Renta dress?!
Just love David’s navy tux?
Exchanging our wedding vows was the most memorable moment for us. The day after the wedding when we revisited every detail we both admitted to each other that it seemed there wasn’t another soul around when we were exchanging the vows. I certainly had tunnel vision and my memory of looking into my groom’s eyes and saying “I do!” is a memory I will cherish forever.
I love these portraits of Aniko + David in the lavender fields…
Processional: 'Til Kingdom Come – Cold Play
Recessional: Ho Hey – The Lumineers
First Dance: Maybe I’m amazed – Paul McCartney
Swooning over their gorgeous wedding video from Modern 8 Films!
• Consider non-Saturday dates; We held our wedding on a Friday and I believe it was one of the best decisions we made. We planned everything in 5 months and we got to work with our pick of vendors as Fridays were not booked even though it was somewhat short notice.
• Keep the guest list small; you get to pamper the ones that do attend!
• Plan swiftly and bravely; As I mentioned before, we pulled it all off in 5 months. I became very comfortable with making decisions and moving on to the next task.
• Surround yourself with creators and vendors: The beauty and elegance of the day would never have been possible if it weren’t for the creativity of the vendors we worked with!
• Align your vision with venues and vendors that can pull it off; The San Ysidro Ranch describes itself to be a romantic hideaway where natural beauty and classic luxury combine; and that is exactly how we wanted our special day to feel. David proposed in December 2012 and we began planning a spring wedding. “Soon and simple” became our mantra throughout the planning process. We knew that the San Ysidro Ranch would be the perfect place and we were confident they would help us pull off our event in less than five months.
photography: Emily Blake of Emily Blake Photography // venue: San Ysidro Ranch Santa Barbara, California // event designer: Kelly Leonard of EVENT OF THE SEASON // floral design: Effloresce, Crimson Horticultural Rarities // wedding dress: Oscar de la Renta // shoes: Christian Louboutin // bridesmaid dress: Sarah Seven // hair + make-up: TEAM Hair and Make-up // groom’s suit: J.Crew // videography: Modern 8 Films // paper goods: Hillary Huffard (brides sister) // music: John Lyle (ceremony and cocktail hour) and Gavin Roy Presents (DJ and lighting)
to your wedding faves