April is here and that means Easter is fast approaching! So we’re sharing a fun DIY from Knot & Pop on how to paint your eggs this year – and use them for a super pretty table centerpiece – using inspiration from those delicious little pastel colored chocolate mini eggs! Using pastel paint + speckles of gold, just top off your egg with some fresh Easter blooms for a pretty alternative Easter table decoration!
What You’ll Need:
• Eggs (either hard boil or blown depending on their use)
• Acrylic paint in pastels + gold (for the flecks)
• Paint Brush
• Mini Eggs for color inspiration + consumption!
1. Paint your eggs with the matching shades to the mini eggs.
2. Leave to dry on sticks (if eggs are blown).
3. Speckle your eggs in gold and then leave to dry (step 4).
Then all you have left to do is peel back the egg shells from the top of your focal eggs and fill with Spring blooms. We love that they mixed in different egg sizes (that large one is an ostrich egg!) to create a super pretty display.
And there you have it – a cracking Easter DIY! And remember, if you make one of our DIY projects be sure to share with us on Instagram using the hashtag #GreenWeddingShoesDIY
Thanks so much to Knot & Pop – London based wedding planners – for the DIY made exclusively for GWS.
to your wedding faves