Modern black + white meets the mountains of Montana! Caleb and Madison wanted their day to be romantic, playful, modern, unique, and non-traditional. One year after they got engaged in Paradise Valley, they said their vow’s underneath the big sky with the most beautiful mountain views. The dreamy day took place at Copper Rose Ranch, a new venue located in the heart of Paradise Valley which is a western bride’s DREAM! They had tons of love surrounding them from near and far to come to Montana to celebrate their love and become husband and wife.
Every small touch you’re about to see – the color scheme, donut wall, Caleb’s velvet tux, the wedding party, and more..represented different parts of the couple with the amazing help of planner Beverly Killian with Magnolia Blue Events. Rooted in Montana set the tone with the most gorgeous florals while photographers Opal and Ox documented the entire day! Let’s take a look…
All Things Black and White
This bridal party got ready in style with their adorable matching pajamas that went along perfectly with the day’s color scheme!
Madison calls this her “glamour meets timeless bridal” dress and we asked her to share the details of finding it!
“I first started dress shopping in Bozeman and I was torn between a dress because I loved different things about it but it also didn’t feel right. I waited a few days and decided to drive a couple hours to a different dress shop where I tried on a few dresses but fell in love with the Martina Liana (1348) dress and knew the drive was worth it.
I think a lot of girls that go dress shopping have this expectation that you HAVE TO ball your eyes out when you find “the one” but I am here to say that it doesn’t always go that way and that’s ok! I didn’t cry at all, I was so happy and might have had one happy tear. BUT- I did cry when I was about to hand over my card to pay because in that moment, OUR SONG (Caleb’s song he walked down to) started playing in the bridal shop and I knew that was a sign telling me that I made the right choice and it was so emotional and amazing all at the same time and I couldn’t wait to call him and tell him.”
Love this bridal headband and thinking of wearing your own? We’ve rounded up 49 of the best bridal headband styles to make your life easier!!
Welcome to Paradise
Processional: Can't Help Falling In Love by Kina Grannis
Recessional: Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder
First Dance: Making Memories Of Us by Keith Urban
Madison walked down her white rose stemmed aisle designed by local florists Rooted in Montana from Livingston, MT… isn’t this backdrop simply gorgeous?!
It’s official! These two are together…forever! ♥️
Caleb's answer- seeing Madison (for the first time all day) walk down the aisle, his Best Man's speech, and dancing all night long.
Madison's answer- getting ready with my girls and laughing all morning, my "first looks" with my bridesmaids/brothers/dad, my mom helping me put my dress on/the final touches, seeing all of our friends+families in one place to celebrate our love, seeing Caleb looking the most handsome at the altar, and marrying the absolute love of my life.
When we asked bride Madison to share if she had any advice for bride-to-be’s she was VERY passionate on this topic and gave six amazing bits of wisdom that we will sprinkle throughout this piece!
1. Start planning EARLY. You might have months and months to plan but I promise it will pay off because the months/days closer to your day will result in you having to do less because you prioritized early and got organized (plus vendors book so fast and you’ll want to reach out asap).
2. Make it fun! Plan little “living room date nights” grab your computers, notes, whatever you need, and do it TOGETHER. It takes off so much pressure if you make it 50/50, maybe one partner is more into doing something than the other, so you can divide and conquer. At the end of the day, you don’t need to reach out to your girlfriends or family members because your wedding is about YOU AND YOUR PARTNER and that’s what matters.
HeLLO! We love a pearl moment! Brittany with Ethereal Hair & Makeup really spiced up this bridal makeup look by accessorizing her natural beauty with pearls!
The Wedding Party
There is something so chic and classic about black bridesmaid dresses…. and these ladies wear them WELL!
These ladies also tied in the western theme by accessorizing their looks with the most stylish wide-brimmed hats!
Hats off to this bride… literally! 😉
This groom sure is looking dapper! He is dressed head to toe in Gucci and his best mates can’t help but want to celebrate!!
3. HIRE A PHOTOGRAPHER + VIDEOGRAPHER. Budget for it. We got a sneak peek video back and I’ve watched it over and over and over again and cry every time.
Dare to Explore
4. Don’t lose sight of the big picture. Focus on your marriage and make it your priority. What I mean by this is that yeah sure, you’re planning a wedding…it’s stressful and a lot goes into it, and by a lot I mean “a lot of details” and at the end of the day that’s all that they are, just details. Remember that you’re about to say “I Do” to the one you want to spend the rest of your life with.
The couple’s vibe was formal black and white attire, but they definitely weren’t afraid to get down to Cardi B on the dance floor! It was an amazing day filled with good people.
The Reception Details
5. Premarital counseling!!! Yes, I said it. We are so so so open and this and it changed our lives. You can do what you want with this – find a counselor within your church or research to find the right one for you. We loved the “Gottman Method” which guided us with disarming conflicting verbal communication; increasing intimacy, respect, and affection; removing barriers that create a feeling of stagnancy; and creating a heightened sense of empathy and understanding within the context of the relationship.
6. Book your honeymoon a couple days or weeks AFTER your wedding…trust me. We slept for 3 days after our wedding – you have to think, you’re processing the emotions you planned for that all happened in one day and it’s a lot to take in. We were so mentally/physically exhausted and we couldn’t imagine jumping on a plane the next day to be fully present for a honeymoon.
The couple concludes that post-wedding sadness/blues is a thing and you need to accept those emotions you’re feeling because your feelings are valid and it’s ok to be sad (even if the wedding was AMAZING!). Before long, you’ll be back on track and excited about what your wedding really represents: the start of your new life together!
Congrats to this happy couple… and thanks for all the advice for couples currently planning their own weddings!
photography: Opal and Ox // venue name: Copper Rose Ranch, Livingston, Montana, United States // planning: Beverly Killian // florals: Rooted in Montana // wedding dress: Stella York // wedding dress boutique: Balleen Blanc // hairpiece: Ael Este // bridesmaid dresses: Azazie Official // hair stylist: Brittany: Etherealhair & Makeup // makeup artist: Brittany; Ethereal Hair and Makeup // groom's shoes: Gucci // videography: Opal and Ox // desserts: Sweat Pea Bakery
Love this wedding.
The bridesmaids in black, the fabulous backdrop and those wonderful hats.
Cool, fun and very romantic.