To everyone reading this who just got engaged over the holidays, Congrats!!! :) We know that Christmas is one of the most popular times of year for popping the question, so it was a given that our end of the year recaps would include our favorite engagement sessions from the past year, to inspire those of you who will be planning for your own in the very near future!
We love how the engagement sessions from 2014 brought us so much personality + fun. Our advice to couples wanting their photos to stand out from the pack: pick a unique location, use fun props, design it around your first date, wear a fun dress, etc.! Make these photos all about the two of you + your uniquely original love story.
Ready to see the best of 2014? Check out our picks below: unique locations first, fun outfits next, killer props third, and ending with a sweet session designed around the couple’s first date!
1. An amazing almond orchard backdrop
2. Photos with an epic view
3. Colorful fun at Salvation Mountain
4. A session encompassing all four seasons
5. Textural tulle in Iceland
6. Cozy, cute + casual for a camping-inspired session
7. Heart balloons + a bike
8. A bohemian picnic in a field
9. Vintage details at an airplane hangar
from this Vintage-Inspired Engagement Session at an Airplane Hangar // photo by Vine & Light Photography
10. An adventurous hot air balloon ride
11. A floral adorned vintage canoe
12. A sweet first date revisited
If you’re newly engaged + planning for your photo session, share your plans in the comments below! We’d love to hear more fun ideas for locations, themes, props + more.
And we have two more recaps from 2014 to come, so be sure to stop by tomorrow to see our favorite wedding details from the past year!