One of our favorite parts about the holidays? Letting our friends + family know how much we appreciate them, and the way their faces light up when we’re all gathered round and giving gifts! Our other favorite part? Wrapping said gifts in fun + creative ways!! (Admittedly, we kind of like the shock + awe factor when people see festive florals, twine, ribbon + more adorning the package. Yes, you can tell that we here at GWS *love* arts + crafts!) Well, today we’re sharing some major gift wrapping inspiration, courtesy of the ladies at Foxtail Florals! They had just finished remodeling their studio, so they invited their vendor friends for a “Foxy Holiday Party”. Everyone was asked to bring a gift to donate to Operation Christmas Child, but with one caveat: there would be a Gift Wrapping Contest!
The team at Foxtail Florals shares Minted provided all the gorgeous wrapping paper and we provided all the trimmings! The festive night was filled with music, delicious desserts by Hapa Cupcakes, beautiful décor and great company! The design inspiration stemmed from Minted’s collection of wrapping paper prints, which All In The Detail Design matched with La Tavola’s velvet linens. It was a night of exuberance and laughter; everyone got into the spirit + got their creative on! A big thanks to all the vendors who made this party come to life and were a part of helping bring smiles to children’s faces this holiday season!
Ready to be inspired? Our very own Katie Pritchard captured all the details of the evening! Let’s take a peek!
LOVE all these details already!!
Tips for Making Your Gift Wrapping Skills Stand Out:
- Use a unique paper, such as the fun prints from Minted! (Plus these prints are not just reserved for the holiday season, but they work year-round, too!)
- Find special trims instead of the standard bow. Suggestions: Gold ribbon or one’s that sparkle, twine, fraying silk. These will give it a much softer + delicate touch!
- Look for a way to bring in a nature element, such as: dried plants, moss, succulents or small bits of greenery! Succulents are a great touch since they have a long life and can be replanted. Small cuts of florals work, too!
- Make your gift tag exciting by cutting fun shapes… And add a bit of gold ink!
- Attach a fun ornament, like the “darling” paper weight or the geometric one seen above.
By gathering all your trimmings, toppings + tags you can create different looks that coordinate. Make your gift wrapping a present in and of itself :)
Hello pretty prints!!
Is that a killer setup, or what? Circa Vintage Rentals provided all the furniture.
This photo backdrop was created out of the different Minted wrapping papers. How fun is this idea?!
Heidi Davidson Design added a final touch of luxe with her calligraphy.
Such a fun gathering, with music by Red Shoe LA + all for a good cause! We’re all about that. :)
We’d love to see your creativity and how you gift wrap!! Feel free to share in a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
photography: Katie Pritchard // event design: Foxtail Florals // florals: Foxtail Florals // calligraphy: Heidi Davidson Design // furniture rentals: Circa Vintage Rentals // music: Red Shoe LA // location: Foxtail Design Studio // wrapping paper: Minted // coordination: All In The Detail Design // styling: All In The Detail Design // linen: La Tavola Linen // dessert: Hapa Cupcakes // charity: Operation Christmas Child