For all of new you newly engaged couples who are looking for a wedding photographer to capture your upcoming day, allow us to introduce you to Folk & Lore, a small, hand-selected collective of photographers + artists, each one chosen for his/her like-minded aesthetic + exceptional skill. The Folk & Lore photography style is simple: they don’t mess with the love. You’ll see a lack of over-posing, propping and dictating, with a focus on organic storytelling. They embrace the imperfect and the unexpected, advocating that a wedding day’s purest moments are not the happenings guests have come to expect (bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc.), but rather the seconds that pass in between. So couples will see lots of images of folks being themselves, simple portraits and shots that evoke a feeling or even reveal something missed at first glance. We’re guessing those are characteristics many of you are looking for in a photographer, right? Here are a few of our personal fave Folk & Lore captures…
And we’re excited to share that Folk & Lore is generously offering a $600 credit, good for any wedding photography package, to one very lucky GWS reader! There are just a couple of quick steps to take to be eligible to enter:
1. Like Folk & Lore on Facebook + share this post on your Facebook timeline
2. Visit the Folk & Lore website + pin your favorite image to Pinterest
3. Follow Folk & Lore on Instagram (@photographycollective)
4. Fill out the entry form below
*** The contest is over and the lucky winner is Tarah W!***
- All entries must be received by 5:00 PM PDT on May 22, 2014
- The winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries on or around May 22, 2014.
- Credit cannot be used towards albums, prints or travel costs and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Winner must use/schedule wedding photography before May 15, 2015.
- Limit one entry per valid email address.
- If the sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeit his or her right to a prize, and a new winner will be randomly selected.
- Wedding day coverage subject to photographer availability.
- To be eligible to win any prize, entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Sponsors reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the term and conditions of the Sweepstakes.