There are lots of wedding events that happen around your wedding day where you want to look your best. While it’s so great to have a makeup artist for your events, sometimes unfortunately that just isn’t in the budget. We’ve partnered with COVERGIRL today to show you how to create this perfect timeless wedding day look on your own, or to suggest to your professional makeup artist. Either way, this tutorial guarantees you can easily recreate the look, no worries at all! This lasting look is perfect for your wedding day, or perhaps your bridal shower, or even for your honeymoon! Since we wanted to share a gorgeous look would be easy to recreate, we reached out to our sweet friend Ting of Ting Makeup to help come up with this traditional look. Let’s see how to create it…
Here are all the products we used (all available from COVERGIRL) for this Timeless Wedding Day look.
• COVERGIRL Outlast All-day Primer
• COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation in Classic Ivory
• COVERGIRL Outlast Longwear Lipstick in Pink Pow
• COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Plumberry Glow
• COVERGIRL Eye Shadow Quads in Go for Golds
• COVERGIRL Tru Magic The Sunkisser
• COVERGIRL The Super Sizer Mascara in Very Black
• COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus Eye Pencil in Charcoal
• COVERGIRL Intensify Me! Liquid Liner in Intense Black
step 1: With a clean face put a dab of the COVERGIRL Outlast All-day Primer to keep your makeup lasting throughout your wedding day. Next we used the COVERGIRL Tru Magic The Sunkisser to highlight the cheeks (on the top of your cheek bone). Then we applied an even layer of the COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation on our skin. The COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation provides a flawless coverage and the natural luminosity that lasts for all-day radiance (so important for your wedding day!).
step 2: We really wanted our eyes to pop the most with this look, so we spent the most time here. We used the COVERGIRL Eye Shadow Quads in Go for Golds which is so great since it has all the colors you need in one compact! First we applied color #2 over the middle part of the eyelid, then we took #3, a more intense gold, around the outer corner of the eyelid. Next, we took #4 to the end corner of the eyelid to really accentuate your eyes. We then used #1 as a highlight to brighten the inside corner of the eye as well as an overall highlight for the eye lid, under the brow bone.
Next we used the COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus Eye Pencil to line the top of the eye. Then we sealed that line with the COVERGIRL Intensify Me! Liquid Liner – which we really loved since it has the feel of liquid liner, but with a cool felt end – so it doesn’t smear. Very helpful for those of us who don’t use liquid liner a lot.
To line the bottom of the eye, we used the COVERGIRL Eye Shadow Quads again. Starting with color #4 at the ends of the eye to make the eye appear larger, then #3 for the middle, then #1 for the inside of the eye.
We finished the eye with the COVERGIRL Super Sizer Mascara. Helpful Tip: Apply the mascara in a z shape over your lashes to get more volume, then go upward to length for a more dramatic look.
Step 3: Apply a sweep of Cheekers Blush to the lifted part of the cheek. Layer the blush to your likening. We love that this portable mini-compact gives a perfect natural glow – and can easily fit in your clutch.
Step 4: We choose a fun, elegant pink with COVERGIRL Outlast Longwear Lipstick, in Pink Pow, for our lips. The longwear formula contains lip conditioning oils that lock in color and moisture which we of course love, especially for the big-day events!
For your wedding day, you could pair this look with a chic or messy low bun and add a pretty hairpiece from Maria Elena Headpieces – so perfect for a timeless look, right?
We hope you loved our easy Timeless Wedding Day Makeup Tutorial. Be sure to check out COVERGIRL.com for more Easy Breezy Beautiful looks!
Love this look? Check out the Martha Stewart Weddings Find Your Lasting Look board for more bridal inspiration. And for some extra fun news, COVERGIRL is also hosting a Pin to Win Sweepstakes where you could win a Trip for Two to NYC for the Bride and her Maid of Honor which includes:
- 2 night hotel stay in NYC
- Roundtrip airfare for 2 to NYC
- $500 spending money
- Consultation with a COVERGIRL Makeup Artist
- A suite of COVERGIRL products
- A wedding planning consultation with a Martha Stewart Weddings stylist
Here’s how to enter for your chance to win!
- Create a board on your Pinterest account titled ‘My Lasting Look’
- Pin your favorite look and style inspirations and the products that will help achieve the look from the COVERGIRL ‘Find Your Lasting Look’ Pinterest board at http://www.pinterest.com/MarthaWeddings/find-your-lasting-look/
- Include the caption #findyourlastinglook #sweepstakes #entry
- Fill out the entry form here – and don’t forget to include the URL to your board!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years and older. Begins: 9:00 a.m. ET on 8/31/15. Ends: 11:59 p.m. ET on 10/31/15. Subject to Official Rules at www.marthastewartweddings.com/FindYourLastingLookSweepstakesRules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Meredith Corporation. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Pinterest. By entering this Sweepstakes, you understand you are providing your information to sponsor and not to Pinterest.
* This post is sponsored by COVERGIRL. Thanks for supporting our sponsors!