Jen + Matt were deeply inspired by their year teaching together in southern Spain, and they brought such a gorgeous celebration to life with lots of color, personality and attention to detail.
Jen says, Our wedding day was inspired by our connection to the Spanish culture. We have a special bond to the country and our love that evolved there. We knew this bond could inspire an amazing celebration that truly represented our vibrant, passionate and colorful love. Matt and I replicated a number of nostalgic memories that we shared in Spain including authentic Spanish tapas, paella, sangria, tres leches, authentic textiles, a walking procession and a Spanish guitarist to name a few. Additionally, my Spanish heritage from Colombia and Matt’s colonial family farm were the perfect pairing for a Farm Fiesta Wedding!
LOVE is an understatement when it comes to Jen’s bright bouquet designed by Oleander Botanicals Floral & Events.
Right?! That air plant…
We adore that the bridesmaids wore red! Such a fun color that is certainly underused at weddings.
Processional: Fanfare and Trumpet Voluntary – Jeremiah Clarke
Recessional: Organ Concerto No. 4 in C – Johanna Sebastian Bach
First Dance: Skinny Love – Bon Iver
Busting out of the church doors with Matt after the ceremony, shaking my tambourine and Matt with his maraca, being showered with organic rose petals followed by the jubilant walking procession to the fiesta on the farm. We felt the love and light bursting towards us from all of our sweet souled loved ones.
Y’all are over the moon for this wedding too, right?! Shop our guide below to get this gorgeous look:
You can see more from this super fun day in the film below by Willow Tree Films!
1. Find the BEST photographer first (like Lauren Fair), the photos are what you will have for FOREVER.
2. Build a genuine team of vendors (you can find great ones from researching styled shoots in your area.)
3. Have a theme to help you guide your decisions and direct the vendors in your vision, while being open to their artistic talent.
4. Don’t be afraid to do something different (like a walking procession!)
5. Enjoy the endless communication with friends, family, parents and vendors during the planning process, these people love you so much!
6. Have a POSITIVE perspective and gracious attitude with all issues that may arise.
7. Keep a wedding binder along the way, it serves as a great scrap book afterwards.
8. Be inspired by all the creative people you will work with!!! It is quite an amazing energy exchange.
photography: Lauren Fair Photography // venue name: Groom's family farm, Airy Knoll in Pennsylvania -- [email protected] // event design: Oleander Botanicals Floral & Events // planning: Sarah Park Events // florals: Oleander Botanicals Floral & Events // wedding dress: Inbal Dror // hairpiece: Veil from Lovely Bride // bride's shoes: Harriet Wilde from BHLDN // bridesmaid dresses: BHLDN // hair stylist: Jenni from RIAH Hair Studio // makeup artist: Victoria from All Dolled Up // groom attire: BAR III // videography: Willow Tree Films // paper goods: Pistachio Press // catering: Little Spain Paella Party LLC // cake: Little Spain Paella Party LLC // music: DJ Kyle from Synergetic Sound + Lighting -- [email protected], Spanish guitarist from Little Spain Paella Party LLC // officiant: Carversville Christian Church, Faith Williams -- [email protected] // creative direction: Sarah Park Events // styling: Sarah Park Events // rentals: Bucks Mont Party Rental, Party Rental LTD