Pack your bags and get ready to find your happy place….because we’re exploring the best luxury vacation rentals in the US! If you’ve been itching for a sweet escape with a side of glitz and glam, these villas, retreats, and luxury pads are here to make your wildest dreams a reality.
Whether you’re planning a special occasion (we see you, honeymooners!), booking a family vacay, or splurging on a much-needed getaway, we’ve found some breathtaking + luxurious homes for every type of trip. Think: ocean views, infinity pools, rooftop terraces, and all the amenities you need to truly treat yourself.
Ready to make a break for it? Keep scrolling for our ultimate guide on luxury vacation rentals!
Green Wedding Shoe’s product selections are curated and/or tested by the editorial team and GWS community. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. Please consider shopping through our links if you would like to support GWS!
What To Look For In a Luxury Vacation Rental
So, how do you narrow down all the amazing oceanfront villas, cliffside homes, and country manors? Here’s what to look for in the best luxury vacation rentals!
- Location: Like with any getaway, the location of a luxury vacation rental can make or break your stay. Are you looking for an epic adventure? Then you should keep an eye out for rentals that are centrally located in world-class destinations (like Miami or Aspen). In the mood for some R&R instead? Then we suggest looking for homes in secluded hotspots (think: on a mountaintop or next to a private beach). And, no matter what you choose, you should always think about the view!
- Concierge services: Some of the best luxury vacation rentals come with private concierge services, kind of like a five-star hotel. These hosts will help you book unforgettable experiences and luxury amenities, like specialty sports cars, yacht trips, private plane rides, at-home spa services, and more!
- Personal chefs: If the last thing you want to do on vacation is cook, then you should look for luxury vacation rentals that offer personal chefs. You can hire these chefs for one special meal at home or for your entire trip! And if you are in the mood to try out the luxury kitchen at your rental, some hosts will also give you the option of stocking the fridge before your arrival.
- Private drivers: Explore your destination in style with a private driver! Many of the best luxury vacation rentals will offer private airport pickup services, but you can also inquire about personal drivers from the concierge. And if they don’t offer a driver, some luxury vacation rentals will provide other means of transportation, such as bikes, golf carts, or even cars (one of our fave brands gives you a Tesla to drive for your entire stay!).
What are the best cities for a luxury vacation?
Like we mentioned in the last FAQ, the location you choose for your next great escape will depend on the type of vacation you’re planning. But, there are a few luxury hotspots that are definitely on our must-visit list!
- Florida: This southern state is at the top of our list of luxury vacation destinations because of its versatility. Looking for a glamorous trip full of pristine beaches, world-class eats, and some of the best nightlife in the country? Book a ticket to Miami! Want a laid back vacation with 24/7 pampering, famous crystal clear waters, and all the seafood you could eat? Destin is a must!
- Hawaii: This one’s a no brainer. A go-to luxury vacation destination for a reason, Hawaii is the definition of paradise. From sipping cocktails on the beach in Maui to hiking volcanos on the big island, there’s something for everyone (including some of our favorite resort-style luxury vacation rentals!).
- California: Palm Springs, Los Angeles, Joshua Tree…we could go on! Without a doubt, California has some of the hottest + best luxury vacation destinations (and luxury vacation rentals) in the world. Live like a celebrity in Malibu, soak up breathtaking views in San Diego, or sip fine wine in Napa Valley. If you’re looking to check some items off your bucket list, California is THE spot!
These are just a few of our favorite destinations…but we have tons more luxury vacation inspo down below!
What are the best sites to book luxury vacation rentals?
Disclaimer: You won’t find Airbnb on our list (no home sharing here)! When it comes to booking luxury vacation rentals, the best sites prioritize your entire experience — not just the house itself. Here are our top three luxury vacation rental sites!
- Plum Guide: What makes Plum Guide so special is that every home is vetted by travel experts and must pass the “Plum Test” — which measures everything from design credentials to shower pressure. The result is a collection of the best luxury vacation rentals that go above and beyond to deliver an unforgettable experience! We also love that every luxury vacation rental on the Plum Guide gives you tips for what to do in the area and offers VIP services, like private chefs or babysitting.
- Vrbo: Making a name for itself in the luxury vacation rental space, Vrbo is now one of the go-to sites for booking large homes all over the world. With Vrbo, you always get the entire home, villa, bungalow, or cabin all to yourself, making it perfect for a luxurious escape from everyday life. Many of their homes are also designed for group getaways and have options for every budget!
- Wander: With swoon-worthy views, 24/7 concierge services, smart technology, and hand-picked homes, it’s hard to beat Wander’s luxury vacation rentals. Each rental is Wander owned and operated, so you don’t have to worry about unreliable hosts. Plus they all come with top-tier work stations for a luxurious workcation! Oh, and did we mention that every stay also includes a Tesla Model Y to help you sightsee in style?
How much should you expect to spend per night on a luxury vacation rental?
How much you spend on a luxury vacation rental will vary based on the location, size, amenities, and time of year you go. For larger luxury vacation rentals in some of the best destinations in the country, you can expect to spend between $1000 and $3000 a night. For smaller rentals off the beaten track, this price range is closer to $400 to $900 a night.
And if you book your stay once the busy season has ended, you’ll typically spend less overall…which brings us to our next point!
The Best Ways to Make a Luxury Vacation Rental More Budget Friendly
Want to book the best luxury vacation rentals without breaking the bank? We got you!
- Split The Costs: One of the best ways to make luxury vacation rentals more budget-friendly is to split the cost with multiple people. Invite a few friends, round up your family, or make it a couples trip — the more people that stay at the luxury vacation rental with you, the more affordable the price will be per person. Plus, who doesn’t love a fun getaway with all your favorite people?!
- Book During The Off-Season: Another way to make a luxury vacation rental more affordable is to book your trip during the off-season. It’s best to avoid times when most tourists will want to visit. For beach stays this will be during the summer, while for mountain escapes, this will be during ski season. Many luxury vacation rentals will raise their costs when there’s more demand, and lower them when it’s quieter.
- Book During Weekdays: Weekends tend to be at a premium, since that’s when most people are off of work and want to travel. Booking your luxury stay during weekdays can help you snag more affordable rates.
The Best Luxury Vacation Rentals
Now that we’ve covered all the must-know details about finding and booking the perfect luxe lodging, let’s get right into it: the best luxury vacation rentals. Get ready to swoon!
For the art lovers and design enthusiasts, you’ll love this Miami luxury vacation rental. Its vibrant design is on par with the famous murals in the surrounding Wynwood Art District.
Each room has its own rad design element, from the technicolor ceiling of the private roof terrace to the industrial-style lighting in the master bedroom (one of three bedrooms, each with their own bathroom!).
Spend your time admiring the views from your private balcony, posing next to the Insta-worthy Wynwood Walls, or getting your brew on at nearby craft breweries! If you’re looking for an escape full of inspiration and color, this downtown penthouse has you covered.
Did somebody say margaritas?! This Miami luxury vacation rental is inspired by everyone’s favorite tequila brand, Casa Azul — the inside is even painted to resemble the bottle! A welcome drink next to the private outdoor pool is a MUST in our book.
And as much as we love the design of this Mediterranean-style Florida home, the real draw is all the amazing amenities. Invite your friend group to share this five-bedroom home and take advantage of the private movie theatre, pool table, ping pong table, covered terrace, and backyard pool!
Plus, this Miami luxury vacation rental also offers a full concierge service, perfect for when you want to take your party outside the colorful walls! They’ll help you book any adventure you can dream of, from a private chef to a yacht excursion.
Within walking distance of some of the best cafes, restaurants, and galleries, this Miami luxury vacation rental has a prime location for exploring the city. But with such a dreamy and tranquil vibe, you may never want to leave your private oasis!
Soak up the sun in the sparkling backyard pool, indulge with an al fresco feast in the covered patio, and make yourself at home in one of the four bedrooms.
And if you really want to pamper yourself, your hosts can arrange a private chef, a personal butler, or spa services. You’ll be wishing you could stay at this swoon-worthy Miami villa forever!
When it comes to luxury, Gucci reigns supreme. And when it comes to luxury vacation rentals, this Miami Gucci Manor is the best of the best!
Featuring a bright design inspired by the famous fashion house, this Miami home is a fashion lover’s paradise. Make it your colorful base as you explore the city’s hottest shopping, beaches, and nightlife — then end your night in the private hot tub (snacking on treats from the fully stocked kitchen).
The best part? This Miami home features eight bedrooms and sleeps up to 20 people. We see a Gucci-themed bachelorette party or girls trip in your future!
This Hawaii luxury vacation rental is giving us all the White Lotus vibes (minus the unhinged hotel guests)!
For under $1500 a night, you get your own 4-acre private resort in dreamy Maui — complete with a 40-foot pool + cabana, tropical fish ponds, a tennis court, and even an enchanting “Fairy Garden.” A truly magical retreat, this Hawaiian oasis is made for creating once-in-a-lifetime memories.
P.S. While it sleeps up to ten people, this Maui vacation rental definitely has unforgettable honeymoon written all over it!!
Looking for the perfect place to celebrate your newly married status? Don’t miss our list of the dreamiest honeymoon destinations in the US — from laid back Maui to adventurous Alaska!
Quick: think of your perfect Hawaiian escape. Does it include sipping cocktails next to the beach? Scuba diving with tropical fish? Stargazing under palm trees? No matter what you’re picturing right now, this Hawaii luxury vacation rental is even better!!
Set back from Kailua Beach, this O’ahu estate boasts unbeatable ocean views and a quick escape to some of the best turquoise waters and coral reefs in the world. And when you’re not lounging on the golden sand, you can find your personal paradise in the rental’s rocky pool (which features a waterfall), private tiki bar, and breathtaking balconies.
This luxury Hawaiian home is also a short drive from stunning golf courses, local markets, and the Kawainui Marsh Wildlife Sanctuary. So it’s easy to make the most out of this world-class destination!
If you’re looking for a Hawaii luxury vacation rental with major wow-factor, this beachside getaway is IT. From the waterfall entryway to the lush koi ponds, every aspect of this ocean view home will make you feel like you’re stepping into a different world.
But the real show-stopper has to be the sweeping views of the clear blue ocean. Watch the tranquil waves as you wade in the terrace pool, or admire the sunset while snuggling in the master bedroom. Pure magic!
This Hawaii rental also features a main house (with three bedrooms) and a detached study (which can sleep two people). Perfect if you’re staying with a group!
Experience Palm Springs in its heyday with this retro luxury vacation rental! Designed like a mid-century motel, this unique rental consists of 10 separate studios — all decked out with old school touches like rotary phones, record players, and vibrant feature walls.
While each studio includes its own kitchenette and seating, the private pool area is also perfect for group hangs. With a dining table, fire pit, outdoor kitchen, and enough lounge chairs to go around, it’s the ultimate spot to reconvene after a long day of exploring the sites.
And speaking of exploring…this luxury Palm Springs rental also comes with free bikes!
Fun and playful is the name of the game at this Palm Springs luxury vacation rental! If you’re traveling with kids (or kids at heart), this quirky home will keep you entertained for your entire stay.
Let loose at the neon treehouse-turned-tiki bar, get in the competitive spirit at the bocce ball court, or break in your bikini in the outdoor swimming pool. It’s the epitome of Palm Spring’s laid back meets glamorous lifestyle!
And for the full Palm Springs experience, don’t miss breakfast at Farm, an afternoon spent searching for mid-century treasures in the Uptown Design District, and a day trip to Joshua Tree!
Need a break from real life? We’ve found just the luxury vacation rental for you!
This Florida beach house is THE place to live out your ultimate coastal grandmother fantasy. It’s just steps away from Santa Rosa Beach — a 26-mile stretch of powdery sand, warm waters, and zero stress.
Spend your mornings walking along the beach with a coffee in hand, then unwind in the refreshing pool and luxe spa tub. In the evenings, enjoy alfresco meals with a side of sea views on one of the home’s balconies, or treat yourself to some fine wining and dining at the nearby seafood eateries.
Don’t forget to pack your linen button-down and woven sun hat!
It’s time to get the gang back together, because this Destin luxury vacation rental checks off ALL the boxes for an epic family reunion, bachelor/bachelorette party, or group event!
We’re talking: room for 22 people, three separate living rooms, a billiards table + arcade games, a HUGE saltwater pool, and even a 3-hole putting green. Plus, you can walk to the amazing Destin, Florida beach — or hire a golf cart to zoom around town!
For the HGTV fans out there, this Florida group vacation house is inspired by the HGTV Dream Home. And yes, it’s really THAT good!
Caribbean escape, anyone? If you want a luxe getaway that maxes out on romance, look no further than this Puerto Rico luxury vacation rental. Like something out of “The Bachelor,” it’s designed for escaping reality and falling in love!
The definition of an oceanfront property, this stunning Puerto Rican villa gives you a front-row seat to the beautiful Caribbean ocean. Watch the boats go by from your 75-foot infinity pool, or grab your snorkeling gear and walk the 10 minutes down to the beach. Oh, and did we mention the sunsets?!
This is the kind of luxury vacation rental you’ll keep coming back to for every anniversary, special occasion, or ~just because~ trip.
Looking for a sweet escape for just the two of you? Don’t miss our round-up of the most romantic Airbnbs for 2023!
Reconnect with nature in this swoon-worthy Aspen luxury vacation rental. Grand windows in the lounge and master bedroom give you unobstructed views of the Colorado mountainside. Great for unwinding after a long day of embracing your outdoorsy side!
One of the best parts about this luxury vacation rental? There’s no bad time to go! Plan your great escape for late September to see the amazing yellows and oranges of the changing leaves, bask in the mountain views during warm summertime hikes, or hit the slopes from November to April!
And for the snow bunnies, this nature retreat also includes a ski boot and glove warmer by the front door, plus heated floors and an outdoor hot tub (with mountain views). It doesn’t get cozier than that!
Alexa, play “Beverly Hills” by Weezer!
This Los Angeles luxury vacation rental is definitely where we want to be, with its rad modern architecture, glamorous pool area, and vicinity to the famous Rodeo Drive. If you’ve ever dreamed about living like a celebrity for a day, this Beverly Hills pad is here to make it happen!
Like something out of a design magazine (or MTV’s “Cribs”), this Los Angeles luxury vacation rental is pristine from every angle. We especially love the open plan living room, the lush succulent accent wall, and the ultra modern kitchen. And you HAVE to check out that master bedroom closet!!
Forget crammed casinos, questionable hotel sheets, and overpriced fast food. This Las Vegas luxury vacation rental will show you a new side to this desert city!
Inspired by the architecture of the famous Frank Loyd Wright, this late ’70s house is the perfect blend of retro glam and modern touches. Spend your days relaxing in your own private pool (no more fighting for lounge chairs!), then take a short drive to all the nightlife, buzz, and famous performances that Vegas has to offer!
And when you’re not partying on the Las Vegas Strip, this luxury vacation rental will keep you entertained with a wet bar, pool table, and selection of instruments. It’s the ultimate place for an unforgettable weekend getaway!
When you want to disconnect and unwind, this San Diego luxury vacation rental is the epitome of R&R. Perched 5,000 feet above sea level and surrounded by 21 acres of nature, it offers total peace, quiet, and privacy.
With floor-to-ceiling glass windows, you can bask in the home’s panoramic views (which span all the way from Mexico to San Clemente Island) as you lounge in the chic sitting room or cuddle up in bed.
And if you’re looking to reconnect with nature, this cliffside home also offers exclusive hiking trails, private campsites, and over 1,500 cedar trees right at your fingertips!
Bonus: This San Diego luxury vacation rental has a near-zero carbon footprint! It’s fully solar powered and completely off the grid. Plus, it comes with an electric Tesla Model Y to help you explore the area in style. Say less!
We LOVE this North Carolina luxury vacation rental — but don’t take our word for it! Architectural Digest named this glass bungalow the most beautiful rental in the state. And it’s easy to see why!
The home’s large glass windows gorgeously frame the surrounding mountains (which look stunning no matter the season!), giving this two-bedroom home the perfect secluded, country feel. Enjoy the scenery from the outdoor hot tub, the nearby hiking trails, or “America’s Favorite Drive,” which is only 5 minutes away!
Plus, only a 12-minute drive from the trendy city of Asheville, this modern + luxurious bungalow is also perfectly located for visiting breweries, perusing indie bookstores, and checking out the local art scene!
There’s no better place for a relaxing retreat than a hip desert house, and this Arizona luxury vacation rental is proof!
You’ll feel the tranquility kick in the moment you walk through the front door of this desert escape. With a saltwater swimming pool, private putting green, and outdoor fire pit, the hardest part will be knowing where to start!
While you could easily spend your entire vacation basking in the desert sun from the patio (Scottsdale averages 300 days of pure sunshine a year!), this destination is also known for its golf courses, picturesque hiking trails, and unparalleled spas!
Take a trip back to 1968 with this charming East Hampton luxury vacation rental in the trees!
A chic, retro cabin in the woods of New York, this unique home takes you off the beaten track and into a different time era. Soak up the old school charm in the mid-century modern living area, get back to nature with the cedar walls and hardwood floors, and stroll through the woodlands right in your backyard.
You’ll hardly believe you’re so close to the Hamptons — until you wander to the famous sandy beaches (only a 25-minute walk away, or less with the included bikes!).We can’t think of a better way to escape from the city with your crew.
No vacation is complete without a pairing of truly great wine. And this Napa Valley luxury vacation rental takes that idea to the next level.
Nestled on a 55-acre working vineyard, this remote retreat is perfect for wine lovers and nature buffs alike. Take a break from the hustle and bustle and spend your days lounging by the pool with a glass of red, or visiting the world-renowned wineries right on your doorstep.
In the evenings, enjoy a gorgeous feast around the 20-seater outdoor table, taking in the spectacular views of Napa Valley. At night you can stargaze from the hot tub or cozy up next to the roaring fireplace.
And no matter how you while away the hours, prepare to fall in love with this luxe Napa Valley, California escape!
Speaking of luxe California escapes — it doesn’t get more luxurious than this Malibu luxury vacation rental!
A glitzy and glamorous paradise just outside of Los Angeles, this hillside home will make you feel like modern royalty. From the bespoke design elements (peep that marble fireplace + dazzling chandelier!) to the breathtaking views from the terrace, it’s more of an experience than a house.
And don’t keep scrolling until you check out the bathtub in the master bathroom! Because who doesn’t want a bubble bath with ocean views?
Plan an Epic Trip with Our Best Travel Guides
Looking for more travel inspo? Say less!
If you’ve caught the travel bug thanks to these stun-ning luxury vacation rentals, then you’ll also love our round-up of the most romantic Airbnbs in 2023. Perfect for an intimate getaway, just the two of you!
And if you’re here because you’re currently in the process of planning your “I do’s”, don’t miss our list of the best honeymoon destinations in the US. These are the most unforgettable places to celebrate one of the most unforgettable moments of your life!!
What’s next on your travel bucket list? Let us know in the comments below!