If you’ve been reading Green Wedding Shoes for awhile, you know that we love music and especially good music at your wedding. We’re always on the lookout for the newest twists on weddings and this idea from Scratch Weddings is just too rad! Courtesy of Scratch Weddings, couples can have a “scratch off,” which will find the couple having a fun DJ battle in front of their wedding guests! How fun for couples that love music!
To get the word out, we are throwing a workshop here in LA where couples that love music can join us to learn the basics of scratching. Super fun, right?! Scratch WeddingsThe Scratch Academy also has classes in NY, LA and Miami for those interested but not able to make the party, so be sure to check out their site for the details.
The workshop (more like a party!) will take place the evening of Thursday, Feb 16th at their academy here in LA (westside).
Scratch DJ Academy was co-developed by Jam Master Jay of Run DMC and is the world’s first and leading DJ and music production learning center. They offer 15 course options for music enthusiasts with skill levels from beginner all the way up to professional DJ! They use a copy righted curriculum and celebrity DJ instructors working with state of the art equipment to train their students. Students can sign up for group classes or private lessons and are always welcome to come in for free supervised or open studio practice sessions.
February 16th Event Details
- Parking – We’ll have a valet to manage the cars, so attendees don’t have to worry about getting a parking space
- Keepsake – Each couple will also be creating a unique piece of art with a record! Can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with :)
- Participants – We’ll be there spinning and have space for 38 couples (engaged, married or just dating) to join us. The 38 couples will be selected via random drawing.
- Free Wedding DJ – Remember, we will be giving one lucky couple a FREE DJ for their wedding reception – such a great prize! Plus, you will be able to scratch at your wedding. :)
- Winners will be selected via random drawing
- Winners will receive an invite for two people to attend the Scratch Wedding Workshop on Thursday, February 16th
- Winners are responsible for transportation to and from the Scratch Wedding Workshop
- All entries must be received by 5:00 PM PST on Friday January 27th, 2012
- Winners will be selected and notified on or around Tuesday, January 31, 2012
- Winners of the Grand Prize for the Free Wedding DJ will be selected from the group of Scratch Wedding Workshop attendees at the conclusion of the workshop.
- The Free Wedding DJ Grand Prize is comprised of regular set up and 5 (five) hours of performance. If additional set up and/or performance is required, an additional fee will be charged.
- To be eligible for the Grand Prize, couples must:
- Be engaged and have a wedding date scheduled to take place during the 2012 calendar year
- Your wedding must take place in one of these states: CA, CT, DE, FL, MD, NJ, NY, IL, DC
- Be selected to attend the Scratch Weddings Workshop
- Be present at the Scratch Weddings Workshop at the time the winner is selected
Enter Now – If this sounds like the event for you (and you can be in LA on Thursday, Feb 16th), please enter here:
all photos by Youngrens Photography