We know lots of you are in the midst of planning a DIY wedding as we speak. The good news is handmade, DIY weddings seem to far outweigh stuffy, super-formal affairs filled with mundane + expensive design elements. The bad news is the pretty, pretty details from DIY weddings these days can look ULTRA professional and risk putting your homespun crafts to shame. No one wants that! Luckily, for all wanna-be craft mavens and DIY brides, the amazing electronic cutting machine, Cricut, can be your new best friend! Trust us, it’s ours after it whipped up this adorable Papel Picado banner for us in a jiffy. We are totally loving the fun vibe a banner like this would give your wedding or next party!
We’re excited to share that Michaels + Cricut have just introduced the shiny, new Cricut Explore Air which allows you to easily create everything from greeting cards to wedding + home décor…and even wedding + party favors. The best part (aside from the fact that your crafts will come out seamlessly every time)? It’s completely wireless!
Jen was lucky enough to attend a one-on-one with Lia Griffith here in LA a few weeks ago. Lia is a super pro with the Cricut (thus why Cricut has partnered with her!) and she shared how the machine worked with us. They crafted up a few test projects with different materials (you can cut on paper, vinyl, wood and fabric with this machine!) and Lia made it seem so easy to use, so we were excited to test it at the GWS office this past week. After discovering this Papel Picado banner Lia designed, we asked her if we could share the project here on GWS since it is so perfect for spring + summer weddings + parties, right? If you love it and would love to create it with your Cricut, you can download the templates here. The Cricut cuts each banner (which is so fun to watch it cut!) perfectly. I love that you can design your own projects to cut with the Cricut or there are great templates on the Cricut site as well as Lia’s site. Another project of Lia’s that we love? Her LOVE floor vinyl project … so perfect for the dance floor. :)
Intrigued by the Cricut? Michaels is offering an exclusive price and bundle packed with projects and accessories to help you get started – you get 20 Lia Griffith projects, an extra 12” x 12” cutting mat and 1 month Design Space subscription as well as the Cricut Explore Air for $269.99.
I can see this banner as the perfect backdrop for a Cinco de Mayo party too!
But, as we tend to do, we saved the best news for last! We are giving one lucky reader the Cricut Explore Air Bundle (available exclusively at Michaels) to help with the crafting of their wedding + beyond! To enter to win, simply fill out the form below!
+++ Congrats to Christine D. who is our winner! +++
- All entries must be received by 5:00 PM PST on April 10, 2015.
- The winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries.
- Limit one entry per valid email address.
- If the sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeit his or her right to a prize, and a new winner will be randomly selected.
- To be eligible to win any prize, entrants must be a US citizen and over 18 years of age.
- Sponsors reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the term and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
* This post is sponsored by Michaels. Content, ideas, and words are by Green Wedding Shoes. Thanks for supporting our sponsors!