We love sharing unique ways to use pretty flowers for your wedding day – or just any day really – and today we have a cute tutorial for a pretty floral necklace sent over from Jennifer Fujikawa. This would be a sweet look for your bridesmaids or even the bride, right?! Let’s see how Jen made it…
• Floral wire gauge 26
• floral tape
• fresh flowers
1. Measure & cut the twine to desired length. Leave a little extra room, because you can always trim shorter afterwards.
2. Wrap floral wire around twine to make it sturdier. This step can be skipped if using a different material than twine.
3. Cut a piece of floral wire and attach to either end of twine to create a “crescent” shape.
4. Add floral wire vertically from wire to twine, creating small sections.
5. Continue adding wire across entire necklace. The goal is to create a sturdier structure to attach the flowers to.
6. Cut a flower, cut a piece of wire and thread it through the stem until it pushes through the head.
7. Bend a small hook on the tip of the wire, then pull the wire back down into the flower.
8. Attach the flower to the necklace by wrapping the wire. Can also used floral tape to hep secure or cover poking wires. Continue adding flowers until necklace is complete. Once done, store in a small tray of water in refrigerator if not using immediately.
And love the necklace paired with a dark dress too – perfect for fall bridesmaids :)
Thanks so much to Jennifer Fujikawa for this lovely DIY!
to your wedding faves