You may recognize these pretty book planters from this wedding I shared this morning. Wednesday was sweet enough to share the DIY for them with us too! They are super easy to make and last long after the wedding – both which I love. :)
• vintage books (you can find these super cheap at thrift stores or your local library)
• succulents and succulent planting soil
• moss (purchased at Michael’s)
• an exacto knife
• fabric flowers (easy DIY to make these found here)
• cling wrap
To create the planters:
1. Draw a rectangle the size you want the planter to be to serve as the cutting guide.
2. Use an exacto knife to hollow out a 1-2 inch deep space where the plant will be. Then seal that with the modgepodge.
3. To further protect the book, place a layer of cling wrap in the space and sprinkle a layer of succulent potting soil. Plant your succulents along with moss and fabric flowers and you’re done!
photos by ee photography
to your wedding faves