Tying the knot on the sand, near the sea, calls for a bridal style that’s unique to its own. Stuffy, traditional gowns need to be nixed right off the bat, but how’s a girl to choose what’s just right for her sunny walk down the aisle? We’re loving the newest trend in the wedding dress market, making comfort one of the biggest focuses. Designers are combining more relaxed silhouettes with thoughtful details and high-end textiles. The perfect approach to a serene beach wedding, where shoes may be optional, but style is still key. Breezy chiffon, airy lace, and whispers of subtle color make these twenty frocks tops for your seaside nuptials. And we promise you’ll not only be comfy, but look mega-amazing as you say your I Dos. Let’s start with our #1 pick for a beach wedding – that stunning Anna Campbell beaded number above!
2. This breezy dress, by Carol Hannah, echoes the tones of a sandy beach with its white, ivory, and nude silk chiffon layers. Total bonus points for its freeform silhouette – which is the total antithesis of stuffy – and perfect for I Dos near the sea.
3. Love the look of lace, but want to keep it on the casual side for your seaside nuptials? Then this Rue de Siene number is for you. Featuring the prettiest lace cap sleeves and a form-fitting silhouette, it’s ideal for the beach bride who still wants to keep a touch of traditional bridal style.
4. A perfect blend of our favorite things, this all-over lace Katie May dress just as sexy as it is romantic. And the completely open back will (seriously) wow your guests as you float on by down the sandy aisle.
5. This sweet, off-the-shoulder number by Show Me Your Mumu is more than ideal for a warm weather wedding.
6. The most stunning of lace numbers, this Free People beach dress HAD to make our list of the best.
7. Two-piece ensembles + seaside soirées = major high fives. With this sheer lace Houghton crop top, show your guests you’re just as effortless, free-spirited – and straight up rad – as they always thought you were. More high fives to the beach bride who rocks a swimsuit underneath.
8. This relaxed silk blend dress by Reformation is something you just know you’ll feel good wearing. It drapes off the shoulder to create the sweetest of sleeves and its fitted waist flares out into an airy skirt that can really move. (Read: perfect for dancing the night away or jumping in the ocean after your I Dos. You know you want to!)
9. Lovely lace with a dramatic, high slit, this gorgeous dress by Sarah Seven will give ’em something to talk about! Pair it with a messy braid, minimal jewels and bare feet and your wedding day look is conveniently complete.
10. Hoping to blend your love of all things beach with all things boho? This high-waisted lace maxi skirt should do the trick. The perfect accompaniment to a breezy crop top, Haute Hippie knows how to help you pull off the ideal understated look.
11. An interpretation of a classic Mexican wedding dress, this bohemian cotton and lace number by Stone Fox Bride is ideal for a laid-back (and ideally bare-foot) celebration in the sand.
12. The ombre silk gauze, asymmetrical hems and sultry deep-v bodice of this handmade gown by Cleo and Clementine will give you maximum amounts of whimsical beach vibes on your wedding day.
13. The sweet lace sleeves + artful filigree panels on this Temperley London dress exude vacation vibes all the way. This intricate beauty would feel right at home at a coastal destination affair. We’re thinking Bali, Tulum, or the French Riviera…
14. Can you forgive us for adding another lace crop top to the list? We promise this one is different from the last! Karen Willis Holmes‘ Tillie crop top has sheer long sleeves that up the elegance factor just a hint, but its relaxed bohemian feel is just right for a seaside fête.
15. Something about the shimmery organic tones in this Leanimal dress reminds us of an iridescent oyster. (We mean that in a good way, of course!) You’ll feel like a mermaid in the romantic silhouette. And the handmade duchess silk satin bodice covered in a delicate Alencon lace adds a level of attention to detail that’s easy to fall in love with at first sight.
16. Evoking the feel of the bluest ocean waters, this dip-dyed, lace wedding gown by Truvelle is the sweetest look for a beach celebration. No fuss, but oh-so-beautiful, in this dress you’ll surely match your ethereal seaside surroundings on your wedding day.
17. With an all-lace top, this Emily Riggs Bridal gown would be just a lovely in a museum or ballroom as it would on a sandy beach.
18. The slight midriff on this stunning Bo and Luca number has us falling in love. We think this dress, with its light + airy feel, would be perfect for a destination wedding on Spanish, Greek or Italian sands.
19. A true beach number through + through, this crochet maxi by Callahan would be such a gorgeous idea for a seaside ceremony.
20. As pretty as it gets, Sarah Janks must have had the beach in mind when designing this beauty.
So there you have it – our 20 most favorite dresses for a beach wedding! If you’re tying the knot seaside + are wearing a dress not featured on our list, feel free to share the details in the comments section below to inspire other beach-going brides!