After months and months of work, we are SO SO excited to share the brand new look for Green Wedding Shoes!! It’s been crazy amazing to share this journey with you guys and a lot has changed since I started this blog back in 2008. In 2008 it was just Jason and me, now we have a beautiful 3 yr old daughter and another on the way. In 2008 our readers were all visiting us on their laptops and desktops, now most of you guys are visiting us each day on your phone or tablet (more about this in a minute :) So, we figured it was about time GWS take a major leap along with all of us!
There are lots of new updates included in our redesign, each of which does a better job of showcasing our lovely content (wait until you see how much better our photos are looking!!) and providing you a much improved browsing experience. I’d love for you guys to click around, explore and, if you have any comments – good or bad – we’d love to hear! We still have quite a few updates in the works, but this relaunch is the first big step necessary to make them possible.
A few highlights from today’s launch:
1. Our Brand – We have a brand new logo! It was time for a refresh and we hope you love it! :)
2. Mobile, Mobile, Mobile – Our new site works the way you’d expect (and want) it to whether you are on a desktop, mobile, or tablet. No more tapping in to view our content on your phone, everything is now presented as you’d like to see it right away and it’s SO much easier to navigate.
3. Social Butterflies – We know how much you love sharing and Pinning content for inspiration, so we made sure that a share or a Pin is always just a tap away when you find an image that speaks to you :)
4. Cleaned Up Home – To simplify the process of finding the right content, we re-imagined our home page. Instead of sharing just a few full features, we took your requests for more content to heart and made our home page an easy to use springboard for leaping right into the exact content you’re seeking.
5. Get a Life(Style) – We heard your requests for more lifestyle content after your big day has passed….wish granted….we’ll now be sharing lifestyle features in the same GWS vibe on a regular basis!
We’ll publish features on parties + entertaining, travel, food, fashion and yes – interiors! Pretty excited about this one, as I think creating a home together is one of the most fun activities as you begin your married life together. In addition to sharing our tips + guides, we’ll also be sharing inspiring home tours of past couples and other creatives out there (side note, if you would love to be considered for this new section, please reach out to us as we are looking for some great homes to feature!) We’ll also be sharing a closer look at our new home and the design process for some of our rooms Jason + I are working on together.
6. Galleries – Our Galleries section is one of the most popular and we’ve updated the layout familiar to Pinterest fans. Again, we made it would be super easy for you to share or Pin your fave pics.
7. Wedding Artists, Not Just Vendors – We updated our Preferred Wedding Artist Gallery (our CURATED guide where we share ONLY the best of the best wedding pros with you!) with gorgeous new profile pages to make it easier to get in touch and work with our talented partners. (Interested in joining? You can apply here.)
8. Who Doesn’t Love to Shop?? – The GWS Shop got a facelift and lots of new gorgeous items for your wedding, next party, a night out or making your home.
We really hope you love it and this is just the beginning of lots of fun things happening here on GWS!
Love + High Fives,
Jen + Jason + the GWS team