With all the exciting wedding planning, planning your honeymoon should be the least stressful – and so fun, right?! Your first trip with your sweetie as a married couple! :) If you aren’t really thinking a traditional registry is for the two of you, maybe a honeymoon registry is more your style! Not familiar with how a honeymoon registry works? Well, I’m excited to share Traveler’s Joy today! Since 2004, over 100,000 engaged couples have “skipped the blender” and registered for the trip of a lifetime. Their honeymoon registry with Traveler’s Joy allowed them to register for activities, experiences, and other items related to their first travel experience as a married couple.
Why we love Traveler’s Joy:
1. Real Member Stories. Each year thousands of couples send in their honeymoon stories + photos. With over 400 stories on the site now, the Real Honeymoon Stories section is a popular resource for couples planning their dream honeymoon.
2. Instant Registry. A complete registry in just minutes! When setting up a registry, couples can choose from a list of 50 theme based (think beach, cruise, or mountains) or location specific (think Italy or St. Lucia) item lists. With one-click, items and experiences are added to their registry. They can edit or delete any item at any time and also add plenty more of their own.
3. Group Gifting. It’s easy to divide the cost of expensive items into manageable portions. A camera that costs $1,000 can be split into 5 $200 gifts (or gifts of any size). Since there are many honeymoon items that can be very expensive, almost all couples use this feature in some way.
4. Partnerships & History. Traveler’s Joy has been in business since 2004 and has served over 100,000 members. They are also proud members of the Better Business Bureau Online Reliability Program (since 2006).
5. Honeymoon Tipster. This one-on-one service helps couples decide where to stay after they select their honeymoon destination. After consulting with the couple over email and phone to learn more about their specific interests, a freelance travel writer from their team (each focuses on a particular part of the world) writes a personalized and detailed report on the area the couple intends to travel to. Since the writers aren’t travel agents, the advice is 100% unbiased. There is a separate fee associated with this optional service.
And a Special Offer! Traveler’s Joy is giving away $5,000 toward a honeymoon or first anniversary trip to one lucky couple that signs up with Traveler’s Joy between January 1, 2013 and April 30, 2013. The winner will be notified on May 8, 2013.
to your wedding faves