We love using embroidery hoops for fun decor ideas and today we are sharing an easy DIY from Going Lovely for your escort card display. I love that you can style this one to fit your wedding palette with fabrics that you love in your colors. So fun!
What You’ll Need:
Embroidery hoops in various sizes (we got ours here)
Fabric of your choice (we got ours here, here, and here)
Gold paint + paintbrush (optional)
Hot glue gun + hot glue sticks
1. This first step is optional. We painted the embroidery hoops with gold paint to give it a more finished and glam look.
2. Pop out the inner circle from your embroidery hoop and trace the inside on your piece of cardboard and cut out the circle. Repeat with your piece of cork.
3. After you cut out the cardboard and cork circles, glue the individual pieces together.
4. Place the embroidery hoop on top of your fabric and trace a circle around it that is a bit larger than the diameter of the hoop (about 1″ or so) and cut it out.
5. Flip the fabric so that it is right side down. Place the hoop on top of the fabric and hot glue it to the inside of the hoop. Make sure to pull the fabric tightly so that there are no wrinkles.
6. Hot glue your cardboard + cork circle to the back of the embroidery hoop. This will create a surface for you to securely pin your table assignment cards to.
7. Slip the outside circle of the embroidery hoop over the inner circle to finish it off and hide the glued edges.
We chose to hang ours in front of a simple muslin backdrop but these would also look great hanging from a tree or on a wall!
We’d love to see if you make one of our DIY projects, so be sure to share with us on Instagram using the hashtag #GreenWeddingShoesDIY
DIY created by Going Lovely exclusively for Green Wedding Shoes. Looking for creative event design + coordination? Check out San Francisco based Going Lovely for your wedding day! Big thanks also to Hannah Suh for the photography and to Hen & Co. for the lovely paper goods!
to your wedding faves