The cold weather has arrived and it really feels like fall here today, so let the apple baking begin! :) In light of the fall season, Jessica Adams Design has put together a fun cocktail idea for an adult version of apple cider. For all you autumn brides and grooms, this is a lovely signature cocktail to serve and a presentation your guests will not forget! Thanks to Love by Serena for the photos.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1/2 cup – 1 cup Honey (depending on how sweet you like your cider)
• 3-4 Cinnamon Sticks
• 1/4 cup Sugar
• 1 tbsp Cloves
• 8 cups Apples Juice
• Bourbon or Whiskey (you’ll add this after the cider is made)
• 6-8 Whole Apples (for cups)
• Lemon Juice (to prevent browning)
- Rinse your apples and set them aside.
- Place the first 5 ingredients into a large pot and bring to boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While your cider is simmering, take the washed apples and cut into tops of apples in a cone-like shape. Once you are able to move the top of the core, use a spoon to hollow out the insides and start to form your cup. Be careful not to poke through the apples sides. Once you have completed one apple cup, immediately place it into your lemon water mix and set . Be sure that cut side of apple is completely submerged. This will help prevent them from browning.
- When simmering time is complete, strain your cider.
- After straining, add your desired amount of whiskey or bourbon. The apple cups are small so take that into consideration when adding your liquor. Pour the spiked cider into your apple cups and garnish with cinnamon sticks and star anise.
to your wedding faves